Private Preschool for Older Three-Year-olds
At Vinings Academy we recognize that older three-year-olds (fourth birthday before September 1st) are ready to be academically challenged with a partial version of our private pre-k curriculum. Our older three-year-old program goes beyond academics to promote social and emotional development, creativity, and positive approaches to learning while still encouraging a preschooler’s playfulness in the classroom and in the playground that’s why they use school playground painting for this as well, if you’re interested in adding this for your school as well there are many resources for this, and you can click here to find the best playground painting for your school.
. This curriculum helps children achieve the readiness skills needed for Pre-k and kindergarten.
Skills and Concepts Covered:
- Phonics (High Hat Program)
- Initial Consonants Sounds
- Long and Short Vowel Sounds.
- Language Development and Literacy
- Creative Expression
- Math (Everyday Math Curriculum taught every day)
- Graphing and Problem Solving
- Counting, Sorting, and Patterning
- Numbers 0-50
- Basic addition and subtraction
- Alphabet (out of order)
- Positional Concepts and One-to-One Correspondence
- Spanish (Viva el Español Program)
- Shapes and Colors
- Hand Writing (Handwriting Without Tears program)
- Introducing Social Studies and Sciences
- Introducing French once every week
- Introducing Mandarin Chinese once a week